Webgility is looking for a experience Designer to join the team. We are on the precipice of some incredible growth, and we need strong people to help us as we move forward. You should be comfortable in a hands-on, collaborative and flexible environment, with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and teams simultaneously while driving towards aggressive deadlines.
You will work closely with engineering, product, and the rest of the design team members both internally and with partner organizations, to ensure the quality delivery of all elements required for testing, design iterations, and the long-term achievement of an incredible user experience.
Experience working with international teams, e-commerce, and small business is a plus. This is a high-profile role where you will need to understand the field and be able to effectively communicate via skype/hangouts, mockups, and other digital means.
The ideal candidate will live and breathe design. They will transform wireframes and features from ideas to pixel-perfect creations and redefine Webgility's interface. The UX/Visual Designer will be in charge of creating a style guide that includes typography, texture, colors, and visually stimulating elements that entice our users.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- The UX/Visual Designer will drive the design, validation, iteration, and implementation of an industry-leading experience for some of our key initiatives.
- We are a Financial Data and integration product for small businesses, so you’ve got to have context about Accounting and Tax for small businesses, or a clear path to achieving it in your first 30 days.
- Your success is when you can convey obscure, nuanced, and specialized information in layman’s terms without alienating the traditionally educated customers.
- Your ultimate source of truth will always be the customer, so you should absolutely love creating and getting feedback on prototypes or mockups.
- Create a consistent look for Webgility's web product and mobile product
- Create and maintain the visual design documentation and library
- Work directly and clearly communicate with UX, Product Managers, and Front End Developers both in-house and overseas
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand, and easy to find
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years visual design experience
- Has created and maintained visual element library and knows how to effectively communicate design requirements across teams
- Knowledge of typographic principles and design
- Knowledge of design and brand principles
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch)
- Has an online portfolio that demonstrates the quality of their work and shows their understanding of Visual Design basics
- Good presentation skills and comfortable speaking to Executives and partners on behalf of Webgility
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.