Sales & Marketing Operations Manager - Sales and Marketing
The Webgility team is seeking a Sales & Marketing Operations Manager to assist in planning, analyzing, operationally executing and reporting the business. The Sales & Marketing Operations Manager is an analytical and strategic thinker able to develop and implement creative solutions to operational challenges. You have very strong attention to detail, are well organized and can manage multiple projects simultaneously. You thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate earns trust through performance and relationship building by assisting Sales and Marketing teams in meeting their objectives. The position is responsible for both creating efficiencies, developing strategies for continuous go to market planning improvements, as well as assessing business performance, and supporting the sales & marketing organization with driving operational efficiencies.
The position will also assist the sales leaders in evaluating and forecasting attainment against quotas, utilizing various CRM tools to derive well-vetted analysis, and other ad-hoc requests and analysis as needed.
This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional teams to solve problems, implement new reporting and planning solutions, and deliver against high standards. A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results, and has experience in marketing and sales operations. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up their sleeves”.
This position will work with several stakeholders throughout the entire organization, including Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Operations, Product and Engineering. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, including the Executive Team, as well as across other geographies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leverage Salesforce.com and Marketo for lead campaign & program tracking and analysis
- Track ROI of marketing activities to ensure effectiveness and continued investment
- Define business analytics and create dashboards and reports to support sales & marketing operations and measure all aspects of our lead lifecycle: database cleanliness, campaign effectiveness, pipeline contribution, overall business performance.
- Analyze data and provide recommendations for marketing and sales effectiveness
- Build an analytics program that helps us understand our business and drive net new opportunities
- Develop a set of executive reports that accurately communicate Marketing and Sales effectiveness
- Accountable for of all operational data, analysis and reporting tools.
- Identify trends, provide insight into the performance of business units and recommend action(s)
- Act as steward for all operational data, including identifying and addressing high risk areas, performing regular audits, partnering with other business operation team members to build and train on processes which drive data integrity and accuracy
- Proactively identify data improvements, operational issues, enhancements, gaps in processes/systems and system customizations that meet business/data integrity requirements and implement timely resolution(s)
- Manage the development of continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, own the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services
- Provide support for and maintain operational Key Performance Indicator (KPI) dashboards and scorecards and manage the performance of these metrics by conducting discussions and analyzing the data on an ongoing basis
- Explore and test new tools and applications that further enhance your productivity as well as the teams you support
- Seek opportunities to inject advanced analytical techniques and processes into our current environment
- Lead responsibility for additional operational support staff remotely located
- Transform information into insights and recommendations to proactively support business decisions and processes
- Leverage your communication and presentation skills to identify the business problem, negotiate a proposed solution, execute, present, track and implement the solution
- Be able to present complex solutions at appropriate levels depending upon the audience in question
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Marketing/Sales Operations role or similar position.
- Experience in business analytics
- Advanced user of advanced marketing automation systems like Marketo or Eloqua
- System Administration & marketing experience using Salesforce.com
- Experience developing and gaining acceptance for proposed solutions and business cases with senior level technical and business leaders
- Ability to grasp the data and insights within a broad variety of disciplines in a SaaS model - sales, marketing, product, operations, finance
- Excellent attention to detail and results oriented with a track record demonstrating strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong business analysis and functional experience with quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience working with Marketo, Salesforce, Strong Understanding of Data Visualization best practices
- Strong financial, analytical and communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working within a high-growth SaaS company
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization
- Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
- Advanced Excel skills (Macro, Pivot Tables, VLookups)