Webgility is looking for an experienced technology leader with extensive expertise in building, supporting, and scaling SaaS applications, ideally in the SMB market. This role reports to the CEO and will be responsible for leading the engineering and operations teams globally. The ideal candidate will be a forward-thinking, technically astute, hands-on manager who sets the bar high and coaches the team to achieving goals—all in an efficient, drama-free environment.
What on earth is Webgility? Webgility is changing the way retailers run their business. We provide a SaaS platform that integrates and automates the entire retail back office and provides unique insights so SMBs can compete with large retailers and grow their business.
We are looking for a highly effective leader who excels at developing team skills and being fully responsible for—and engaged in—all aspects of building an exceptional software experience. You will lead and inspire a passionate and diverse group, ensuring that Webgility’s mission is consistently represented, setting the tone for our products, philosophy, and approach. You will conceptualize the strategy and drive operational efficiency within our engineering teams. You will be a valued member of Webgility’s stellar executive team which is involved in big-picture mission, vision, and direction for the business.
You will lead our growing team of software engineers, quality assurance engineers, product managers, system administrators, and technical architects across our offices in San Francisco and Indore, India. You will own all technology initiatives for the company, including new development, software maintenance, and infrastructure.
What’s it like to work at Webgility? We like to laugh and we live full, meaningful lives outside of work. We like cats and dogs and kids and enjoy telling stories about them. Even though we are tattooed and preppy and pierced and young and old and gay and straight and liberal and conservative and athletic and musical and bookish and everything in between—we’re all smart. Above all, we are nice to each other, we’re professional, we don’t take things personally. We like to eat good food. Sometimes we do yoga. Sometimes we go to happy hour. Our CEO is a very well-balanced human who doesn’t take himself too seriously. We know how good we have it and don’t take it for granted. No Kool Aid required for employment. But enough about us…
- Drive innovation to create "magic" for Webgility SMB customers through amazing products, automation, and business intelligence
- Execute on the strategic vision for the company by leading a team of 50+ (engineers, QA, architects, dev ops, IT, product managers) across our offices in San Francisco and India
- Oversee all aspects of technology, engineering, and product development
- Own all development, delivery, and technical support for products using agile processes
- Provide engineering and architectural leadership to deliver world-class web, mobile, and desktop-based SaaS products
- Provide leadership and own the technical strategy for Webgility's software products
- Architect complex automation and analytics solutions to support hundreds of thousands of SMB customers worldwide
- Continuously grow the team by attracting top talent and developing a solid onboarding program
- Manage all technical infrastructure including hosting, development tools, and software
- Interface with sales, marketing, and customer success teams to support their technology needs
- Leverage insights from customers to help drive broader business decisions and changes to the technology roadmap
- Be a product expert, technology evangelist and thought leader within your team, the company, and the market
The ideal candidate will be experienced in developing large-scale, business-critical SaaS applications and have a proven track record for building world-class technical teams in a global setting. Must have the ability to manage the entire product development organization, including technical and business stakeholders, while working closely with customers and other internal departments to deliver amazing products and a seamless team experience with a shared purpose.
- Demonstrated success in delivering multi-million software applications on-time, within budget, and with high quality and system security
- Proven record in leading software development projects with distributed teams and solving complex engineering problems
- Proven experience in architecting and deploying high availability solutions on cloud based platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Proven expertise in developing and delivering complex integration and automation solutions
- Working knowledge of client/server, desktop, mobile, database, and development tools
- Proven expertise in large scale enterprise architecture, software methodology, frameworks, and design patterns
- Experienced in agile development methodologies and can be a champion and coach for driving best practices
- Expertise in e-commerce applications: shopping carts, marketplaces, inventory systems, shipping, taxes, etc.
- Proven leader who can attract and develop top talent
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves to provide hands-on coding and coaching
- Deep passion for the B2B SaaS experience and commitment to creating delightful experiences and building customer loyalty
- Ability to gather, synthesize, and analyze information to make recommendations that will improve product performance, security, availability, and scalability
- Experience with .Net technology stack is a must
- 10+ years of engineering management with experience building and managing remote teams, must be in a fast-growing SaaS environment
- Deep engineering and architect-level expertise built on a solid foundation of an advanced degree in computer science or similar field
- Experienced in architecting and developing large scale, high-availability, highly secure software applications or platforms
- Extensive analytical skills and data driven approach to understanding and impacting engineering teams and product metrics
- Experience with localization and global product expansion is a plus
- Proven negotiation and leadership skills at an executive level